The Fertile Body Method combines hypnosis and other mind body approaches to help identify and address the mental, emotional and physical factors which affect fertility and reduce the negative effects of infertility.
This unique system of hypnotherapy gives couples the best support for achieving their dream of becoming parents. The Fertile Body Method is complimented with the beautiful healing of Reiki to ensure the mind and body are completely in harmony, ready to welcome a new life into this world.
“…when the mind and body are in a state of wellbeing, the body will naturally produce the conditions needed for reproduction. It seems that equilibrium and wellbeing are an important aspect of fertility and reproduction.” Sjanie Hugo, The Fertile Body Method (2009)
The therapeutic framework of The Fertile Body Method follows six key stages: Outcome, Balance, Resolve, Enhance, Prepare and Support. Each of these stages are important in their own right but when worked through over a period of time can create powerful lasting changes.
How Can The Fertile Body Method Help?
The FBM can help enhance fertility by:
- Reducing stress and increasing feelings of calm and relaxation
- Restoring physical, mental and emotional balance and wellbeing
- Balance can be restored through relaxation, positive cognitive changes, visualisation and changes to – diet, exercise and lifestyle
- Restoring hormonal balance, regulating the natural balance in the autonomic nervous system, regulating and restoring healthy immune system function
- Creating balance in the body can be further enhanced by creating balance in thinking. Decreasing negative self talk and excessive worry will help restore emotional and physical balance and ensure that these changes are maintained.
- Identifying and resolving issues which may be preventing conception (unconscious or conscious resistance).
Preparing the couple for conception by helping them:
- to make necessary changes to lifestyle, diet, smoking, alcohol and exercise habits
- to feel confident and ready for parenthood
- to Improve intimacy and sexual relationship (for natural conception)
- restore menstrual health, or sperm mobility and count
- prepare for IVF or other fertility treatment.
- Teaching self help tools that continue to enhance fertility
- To maintain the changes they have made
- Supporting the couple if they do conceive, to help carry the baby to full term
- Supporting the couple if treatment fails
- Supporting them to make decisions about fertility treatments and other options for parenthood
It can help by addressing and reducing the effects of infertility
People who have problems conceiving may experience a reduced sense of mental, emotional and physical wellbeing and leave them feeling stressed, frustrated, angry, jealous, guilty, hopeless, anxious or depressed. It can affect their work, friendships, family and relationships.
The FBM can help to reduce the negative effects of infertility by:
- Restoring self esteem and self worth
- Working through emotions e.g. anger, jealousy, guilt, stress, anxiety and depression
- Building coping skills and developing inner resources
- Ensuring their needs are being met
- Resolving relationship problems (partner, family and friends)
- Increasing sexual Intimacy and affection
- Restoring trust in one’s body
- Reducing the negative effects of fertility treatment medication
- Restoring the body to good health after medical treatments
- Providing emotional support and an opportunity to talk openly
- Processing any death and loss
- Coming to terms with infertility
To discuss how The Fertile Body Method could help you please contact me for a free phone consultation on Swindon 01793 347191 or click on the link below for more information about the The Fertile Body Method.